IndustryFusion: Open source project launched on GitHub
Open, cross-manufacturer connectivity provides the fundament for smart factories of the future. To make this vision reality, Industry Business Network 4.0 has been working intensively with numerous renowned partners on exactly this kind of solution over the past few months and has now published it on GitHub.
IndustryFusion (https://www.industry-fusion.com/) is a end-to-end cross-vendor IIoT connectivity solution for smart factories as well as smart products: Since January 2021, IndustryFusion has been officially published as open source project on GitHub and licensed under an Apache License 2.0. On this basis, both machine manufacturers and factory operators will be able to implement their digital transformation strategies and build new digital business models without the risk of being locked into a proprietary solution. The open source project focuses on end-to-end connectivity from machine (e.g., a PLC) to cloud platforms and communication with other applications and services. This enables the creation of an ecosystem for smart industry, which will enable new business models and use cases such as pay-per-use or production sharing.
You can find the project here:
The emphasis of the open source project lies on the following topics:
- Standardized cross-vendor communication between the assets of a smart factory
- Deployment in cloud or on-premises
- Microservice and container-based architecture
- Single sign-on with identity and access management
- Role-based views and functions for assets and factories (Factory Manager and Fleet Manager)
- Modern, browser-based front end
- Support of relevant industrial communication interfaces and protocols (e.g. S7, Modbus, SQL, MQTT, OPC-UA, …)
- Integration of relevant open source projects (e.g. StarlingX, OpenStack, K8S, PLC4X, OISP)
- Software stack includes full end-to-end connectivity
- Apache 2.0 license
It goes without saying that the members of the Industry Business Network 4.0 will continue to contribute actively to the development of IndustryFusion. However, now the entire digitization and IIoT community is explicitly invited to collaborate on the project.